About Us

My photo
Ulladulla, NSW, Australia
Two oldies enjoying life or what is left of it

Monday, September 5, 2022

Day 26 - Kingaroy

 

Day 26 - Kingaroy


As previously mentioned Kingaroy is the peanut capital of Australia.   It is famous for its large peanut silos in the middle of town, home to Joe and Flor Bjelke Petersen, peanuts and wine.  

We decided to take a look around town today which was a little sad.   Kingaroy seems to have been some what neglected over the years and after visiting the famous peanut van, we took a drive up to the local lookout and then back to the van.



Whilst using my outdoor office to do some work in the arvo it was a mad scramble for Tilly and myself when this noise that I really should have paid notice to earlier got closer and louder.   On turning off the work brain and switching to what the hell is that noise, I grabbed Tilly and fled to the inside of the caravan slamming the door behind me blabbering to George to close everything.      Yep I had just escaped this massive swarm of bees travelling through to their next stop.     They went under over and around the van and the noise was frightening.        However no sooner than had they arrived they were gone.   I don't think I have ever moved so quick in my old age and was impressed with myself that I remembered the dog!

I cannot say that Kingaroy will be on my return list.









No comments:

Post a Comment